As a Senior Database Engineer, you will be working on state-of-the-art solutions, involving:
- PostgreSQL SQL optimization methodologies and tools,
- machine learning,
- cloud technologies.
- Strong optimization skills of large and heavily loaded databases (>1TiB, >10k QpS).
- 3+ years of experience running PostgreSQL in large production environments.
- Advanced SQL and PL/pgSQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL internals.
- A history of increasing responsibility in the field of databases.
- Experience and skills in the field of systems performance (PostgreSQL and Linux monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning).
- Self-motivation and strong desire to achieve the highest levels of expertise.
- Advanced topics (partitioning, queues in database, time series, window functions, denormalization, efficient work with arrays, JSON).
- Experience of implementation of SQL optimization workflow, involving pg_stat_statements, log-based analysis.
- Go and/or C.
- Python and/or Ruby.
- Oracle SQL optimization experience.
- Knowledge of basic machine learning algorithms and experience/with popular machine learning frameworks.
- Cloud experience (AWS, GCP).
- Experience working in a distributed team.
- SQL performance troubleshooting and optimization.
- DB schema design to store data securely and efficiently.
- Code reviews and interaction with development teams.
- Setting up SQL optimization workflow in various development teams.
- Development of new open-source cloud-friendly ML-backed solutions to automate:
- database experiments,
- PostgreSQL configuration tuning, and
- SQL query optimization.
- Direct work with our clients to implement our methodologies and tools.
- Interesting and challenging work.
- Team of professionals and supportive atmosphere.
- Extremely competitive pay depending on experience and skills.
- Flexible working hours/home-office.
- Medical insurance.
- Online IT /Business English course.