Senior Database Engineer (PostgreSQL) with Migration Experience (Oracle, SQL Server)
Company: Nombox / Postgres.ai
As a Senior Database Engineer, you will be working on state-of-the-art solutions, involving:
- PostgreSQL SQL optimization methodologies and tools,
- machine learning,
- cloud technologies.
- 3+ years of experience running PostgreSQL in large production environments.
- Experience of migration from Oracle and/or SQL Server to Postgres.
- Solid SQL and PL/pgSQL knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of PostgreSQL internals.
- Experience and understanding of working with distributed systems.
- Solid knowledge of methodologies of PostgreSQL performance monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Solid understanding and experience working with Linux.
- Self-motivation and strong desire to achieve the highest levels of expertise.
- Cloud experience (AWS, GCP).
- Advanced bash.
- Experience with Go and/or C.
- Experience with Python and/or Ruby.
- Experience with at least one of incremental backup solutions such as WAL-E, WAL-E, barman, pgBackRest.
- Experience with Patroni.
- Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of basic machine learning algorithms and experience with popular machine learning frameworks.
- Experience working remotely.
- Automation of all steps of Postgres DBA Audit process.
- Development of new open-source cloud-friendly ML-backed solutions to automate:
- database experiments,
- PostgreSQL configuration tuning, and
- SQL query optimization
- Direct work with our clients to implement our methodologies and tools.
- Interesting and challenging work.
- Team of professionals and supportive atmosphere.
- Extremely competitive pay depending on experience and skills.
- Flexible working hours/home-office.
- Paid vacation.
- Medical insurance.
- Online IT /Business English course.